Thursday, December 3, 2009

#10

I found, as I was preparing to teach sixth graders, that I am really happy that when I teach, I will be able to get input from others as I want it, but I can still make decisions for how I will run things in my classroom. I liked being able to brainstorm in a group to decide the best way to teach trebuchets to sixth graders, but I'm not sure I enjoyed the whole process. Having so many different teachers who have different styles made it so none of us could guide the lesson towards our personal styles. We were able to find a way to collaborate and make the most of our individual parts so we could briefly work in our strong areas. I feel like in our planning process, we were butting heads the whole time. We all had different ideas about what our main teaching goals should be, and therefore had issues maintaining good focus on those goals. Our lesson plan seemed disjointed and lacking strong focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment