Thursday, October 29, 2009

#8

Watching the other students teach their STLs taught me a lot about things I like and don't like in other teachers. That, in turn, shows me things I want to do in my classroom or things I want to make sure don't end up in my classrooms. I liked it when we were in small groups discussing and working on things, but I will want to make sure that there is a clear purpose for our talking. Sometimes, as a student, I did not have motivation to participate because I did not see a reason for why I was learning what I was. This all comes back to stating learning objectives and making sure they are pronounced in the lesson. Some of the lessons seemed really patronizing to me. I'm not sure if that was just the content, or the types of questions asked. I want to make sure that I treat my students like they are their own ages. I don't want to teach a 10th grade class like they are 6th graders. That would not go over well.

No comments:

Post a Comment